The GT Capital of the World
Cosmoledo has become world-famous as one of the best Giant Trevally fisheries globally and is now the benchmark for anglers searching for an outstanding saltwater flats fishing experience. Cosmoledo’s large white sand flats, lagoon edges and channels are ruled and overrun by the notorious Giant Trevally. A magnificent number of other species makes Cosmoledo an extraordinary fishing destination. Bonefish, Milkfish, Indo-Pacific Permit, Triggerfish, Bluefin Trevally and others call this amazing atoll home. Cosmoledo Atoll is an atoll of the Aldabra Group and belongs to the Outer Islands of the Seychelles and is located 1,029 km southwest of Mahé Island’s capital. For this reason, it is one of the most prolific saltwater destinations in the world, its off the grid location means it has had next to zero fishing pressure in the history of its existence, leaving it flourishing with marine life. The strict catch and release policies over the past 10 years have allowed this fishery to continue in its prime natural state.
The Largest Species list you can imagine
Although Cosmoledo is known for being the Giant Trevally (GT) capital of the world, it is also home to many other species. Although many anglers head to the atoll searching for the infamous GT, there will be no shortage of action when walking the flats or the surf.
As the tides begin to push up into the flats or onto the surf, you will encounter various fish, including Triggerfish, Bluefin Trevally, Milkfish, Grouper, Snapper, Bonefish and many more.
The fishing is by no means limited to the atoll. The surrounding waters are equally prolific with everything, including Sailfish, Wahoo, Dogtooth Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Barracuda and Bluefin Trevally. These can be teased to the surface on tackled with poppers and lures to be cast at your fly rod. Be prepared for the fight of your life once hooked into a blue water species.
Cosmo’s Eco Lodge
A new build eco-lodge has been build on the island, a perfect moment where the wildest nature meets eco-friendly hospitality. The lodge is purpose-built for those ready to fish for the week but comfortable, quiet and relaxing, ideal for evenings on the island after a hard day to win the water.
The lodge consists of eight double/twin en-suite rooms with a central communal dining and entertainment area. The rooms are made up of custom-designed, upcycled beach cottages. The communal dining and entertainment area is a large tent with bare sand floors, both of which are committed to the conservation, preservation and protection of the natural resources of Cosmoledo.
Each cottage can be catered for as a double or twin set up and has all the amenities and modern luxuries one can expect. Each room boasts a front veranda with a seating area and a well-appointed outdoor shower from being en-suite to fully air-conditioned. The rooms are tailored in fresh neutral colours accentuating the island and her ocean, drawing serenity and outdoor adventure.
- Food & Cuisine
Day 1 – Home City to Cosmoledo Atoll
- Flight from home City to Mahé Island
- Over night in hotel – Recommended
Day 2 – Mahé to Cosmoledo
- Charter flight departs Mahé from the IDC hangar for Astove (3hrs)
- Transfer to vessel to Cosmoledo Atoll
- Overnight at Cosmoledo Eco Lodge
Day 3 to 8 – Continued fishing on Cosmoledo Atoll
- Breakfast at 07h00, teams to be ready to leave the lodge at 08h00 for fishing. There is a choice between a packed lunch or lunch at the lodge. At 17h00 your team will head back to the lodge
- Continued fishing days
Day 9 – Cosmoledo to Mahé Island
- Deptart on vessel for Astove island
- Flight from Astove to Mahé IDC Hanger (3hrs)
- Overnight On Mahé
Day 10 – Mahé to Home city
- Depart Mahé international airport on flight to home city
- Continue with own arrangements
Cost & Specifics
- Seven nights on Cosmoldeo
- Charter Flight from Mahe-Asove and boat transfer to Cosmoledo
- Six days guided fly-fishing with guide and skiff shared between 2 anglers
- Full board
- Rod and reel rental
- Soft drinks and wine with dinner
- Domestic flight: Mahe – Astove
- International flights
- Alcoholic drinks
- Ground transfers on Mahe
- Travel and medical insurance
- Fly lines and flies
- $175 Conservation donation
- Telephone or internet charges
- All clients are required to submit “From Scene of Accident Medevac Insurance” prior to arrival
- It is required that guests take out travel insurance that covers part or full cancellation of a trip due to flight delays, health, weather or force majeure
Do I need a Visa to travel to the Seychelles?
If you are travelling under a British passport, you will not need a Visa to visit the Seychelles.
Why Travel with LOOP?
Loop travel has extensive teams worldwide, all working to give you the best possible advice when travelling the world in sort of top-class fly fishing. Our advice is totally free to you and booking with us comes at no extra cost.
Our years of experience between the teams and plethora of knowledge is second to known. Our team members know destinations backwards, having spent many years guiding, managing or fishing these lodges.
How do I book this trip?
If you like what you see, the best thing to do is pick up the phone and give a team member a call. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be able to give you any extra information you may need, prices and availability.